Evaluation of Applications
Evaluation of the applications and placement of candidates are done by the Committee of International Admissions of Istanbul Sabahattin Zaim University. This is a highly professional and experienced committee of impartial individuals. All applications are read in their entirety in a holistic manner. That means each application is reviewed in its entirety, word by word, page by page. This is an important concept to consider when you are filling out the application form, writing your letter of intent and attaching your documents. Keep in mind when you are applying that the application you submit is closely scrutinized.
Using a broad concept of merit, evaluators employ the following criteria:
- The applicant's full record of achievement in high schools, including the number and rigor of courses taken and grades earned in those courses.
- Personal qualities of the applicant, including leadership ability, character, motivation, insight, initiative, originality, intellectual independence, responsibility, maturity, and demonstrated concern for others and for the community are considered.
- Likely contributions to the intellectual and cultural vitality of the campus.
- Performance on standardized tests that shows the applicant's learning skills and reasoning.
There are different criteria in our commission for applications who apply for different scholarships rates. Especially applicants who would like to have higher scholarships will need to meet the conditions below.
For better chances of acquiring a scholarship you are recommended to:
- Take IZU International Student Exam
- Submit an internationally recognized exam score (SAT, IB, GCE etc.) especially in the case that you cannot take the ISE
- Submit a YOS score especially in the case that you cannot take the ISE
- Have a high school GPA higher than 80%
- Letter of intent (minimum 1500 characters)
- At least B2 level language proficiency in the instruction language of the program that you apply
- At least 2 references
- Certificates of training, social activities, skills, accomplishments and so forth.
- Sample Academic writing
ISE and other test scores (such as YOS, SAT, international baccalaureate or GCE) are considered in the application process but are not required. We strongly recommend that applicants prepare for and take an exam before applying to IZU. An absence of any exam score may hinder the admissions committee’s ability to evaluate your application. The admissions committee does not use ISE or other test scores mechanically, but rather considers them within the context of your complete application.